Monday, March 12, 2007

A Time, By Any Other Name, Is Still Just As Late

My little meeting after school went about two-and-a-half hours.
That is just a bit too long for me. My poor abandoned children
sat in my classroom, not doing their homework. OK, they were
not actually abandoned, because my mom came in to keep them
company. Or staunch the flow of blood. Hey. That has only been
a problem ONE time. So hang up on that 1-800-BAD-MOM
call, y'hear?

I am kind of exhausted, having slept only four hours last night. I
awoke at 2:30 a.m. with an excruciating headache in the area
above my left eye. Which had not even hurt when I was awake,
but no doubt was demanding equal time after yesterday's post
crediting the right side of my forehead. There. Happy now?
Cause I don't want a repeat tonight. That was brutal. I thought
I was dying. HH slept on, whistling out of his blowhole. I got
up twice to drink some water. Which is of course what you do
when you are dying of excruciating noggin pain. Unless you are
DeadpanAnn, in which case you take a snort of Benadryl. Her
mom swears by it, you know.

I am not in a very festive mood tonight. The rest of the week
does not look any better. So I'm going to whine just a bit more
and retire for the evening. The resetting of the clocks resulted
in my cushion of time to get to Basementia being cut by four
minutes. And of course, I encountered the local police while
I was dashing over there at 15 miles over the speed limit.
Lucky for me, he was heading the other way. I jammed on
the brakes so that he could see in his rearview mirror that
I was repentant, and went on my merry way, unmolested.

I now plan to put my feet up, and perhaps fall asleep in the
recliner. Unmolested, I hope.

No comments: