Sunday, March 04, 2007

Just A Quickie

I am SOOOO sick of dial-up.
But too cheap to remedy the situation.

Just so you know...HH is off his deathbed from that plague thingy.
He got a shot in the butt on Wednesday, plus some other medicine,
and he perked right up. Of course, that was 11 days after he came
down with it, so he might have been on the mend anyway. He is
his usual surly self tonight. I asked him to take the sheets out of the
dryer when they're done, and put them back on the bed. He had
a little hissy fit. "I put them on the last time!" Oh, excuuuuse me for
washing them every last goshdarn time. It's not like I could get to
them for the last two weeks, what with him plopped in the bed 20
hours a day and NOT WORKING for two weeks. Great Googley
Moogley! You'd think I asked him to bring me home a gold medal
in Olympic Pentathlon, by cracky!

I have quite a bit of schoolwork to do tonight. That's because I
put it off until the last minute. That's because I'm an Aquarius. Yep.
I'm a dreamer. Yet a procrastinator.

Wednesday is an early out because of professional development.
We are preparing for a visit from some kind of team. Guess I'd
better pay more attention at the faculty meeting tomorrow after
school. Oh, and we have another faculty meeting next week
that's going to last so long we are getting food, and then on
Thursday and Friday next week we have Parent Conferences.
Oh, and then the MAP test season will be here. Requisitions
have to be in by the end of the month. It will be April before
you know it.

The school year is almost over, you know.

4 comments:

LanternLight said...

We are preparing for a visit from some kind of team.

If it involves Butcher's Paper, it's all BS.

Oh wait, you're a teacher ...
;-)

Cazzie!!! said...

Yes, our kids have PD Days off at school. The teachers get to come in and learn new things, and go to other schools to jam with other teachers on PD thingies.
Term one is almost over for us here.

Redneck Diva said...

Ahh...dialup is grand. Mine runs in at a whopping 26.4k. It's excruciatingly slow and entirely much more aggravating now that I'm in school and have to actually do like, important stuff on the internet now. That's why when Mr. Tax Man bestows upon me all that is good and monetary in this world, I'm springing for broadband. Yep, I'm dropping $500+ for a stinkin' satellite connection. The ONLY reason is because I've been told I can write it off on my taxes next year. And if we find out that we can't write it off on our taxes next year, I'm getting it anyway. Nyah.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Lantern,
This team is just observing us...not teaching us anything. They are going to make some kind of report about a new program we are trying.

My butcher paper usage consists of a piece of bright yellow used to cover my bulletin board. Though it has been covered by various 'bulletins' for years now. And in Lower Basementia, I covered a window with black butcher paper. Not so much to creep out the kids as to block the blinding afternoon sun that infiltrates my dark lair.


Cazzie,
I think these PD days are highly overrated. I think the kids benefit more from being in school. Only a handful of teachers implement things they learn on PD days. Though I do enjoy a break from the routine.


Diva,
Ya got me beat. According to my resident knower-of-all-things-computer, ours is usually 24.6

Thanks so much for reminding me that taxes are due soon. Like I don't have enough to do lately. One of the teachers got a laptop, and says she can write off part of it on her taxes.