Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Little Nap Would Be Good

Ho hum. Aren't you all tired from losing that extra hour of sleep?
You domestic readers, anyway. I will not enjoy walking into my
classroom tomorrow morning, and seeing that it is 6:42 a.m.

This is a busy week. Tomorrow is the longer-lasting faculty meeting
in Basementia, so long we are having food. Tuesday is #1 son's
Beta Club induction ceremony at 6:00 p.m., so we will stay in
town to avoid rushing back. Wednesday, I will be interviewed
by a visiting team of somebodies concerning not-Basementia.
Looking forward to that, aren't we, Mabel? Thursday is an early
out for the kids, but Parent Conferences for us until 7:00 p.m.
Now I'm really tired.

I have a pain in my forehead above my right eye. It's about an
inch above where the pain was yesterday, which I thought had
something to do with my sinuses. Unless they are migrating to
meet my lovely lady-mullet, I don't know what besides the
sinuses is causing this pain when I touch my head. It feels like
I smacked it on the door frame of the Large SUV. But I'm sure
I would remember something like that.

My neverending laundry is still not done. Add the federal and
state tax returns to that list. And this uninteresting blog post.
But my 3rd Quarter grades are done and computed, despite
that demon gradebook program that booted me out 7 times
on my quest to complete that mission on Friday morning and
afternoon.

The cash budget experiment is going well. In my opinion, but
not HH's. Seems he had to spend $25 on dogfood this week.
Quit overfeeding the beasts, I say. He feeds them twice a day,
in a big pan for each of them. There is always food left in them,
even after we come home. Which means even the neighbor
dogs have eaten their fill. I will trade him the dogfood for the
kidfood in my budget. Let's see how he likes that.

Yawwnnnn. I am absolutely putting myself to sleep. You know
what that means...time to go operate some heavy machinery
like the washer & dryer and the stove.

See you tomorrow, unless there is a horrible industrial accident.

3 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Our sleep deprivation as parents is writing cheques our banks cannot ever cash, we are sooo in the red. A granny nap never goes astray...unless we keep on doing that housework that is only undone in a matter of kiddie seconds!!!

Chickadee said...

UGH...I wouldn't be looking forward to your week at all! Too many meetings in a week. It's one thing to have a meeting in a week, but quite another to have like 3. (I consider those parent teacher conferences meetings)

I'll be thinking of you and hope that the time goes fast for you.

Please think of me today...I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed this afternoon (ALL 4) and I'm a big baby. I'm more than a little nervous. So nervous I might have to vomit all over the nice oral surgeon's shoes.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Cazzie,
Sing it, Sistah! A good 20-minute nap can refresh me for a while.

Chick,
Well, I am thinking of you, but it's a bit late. So I'm hoping you are pain-free, or at least have the good drugs.

Now I shall share a horror story with you, as people are wont to do in medical cases such as these.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled years ago. The dentist would only do two at a time, on one side of my mouth. Like an upper and a lower. The second time, he gave me the same antibiotic stuff as the first. But I had an allergic reaction to the ampicillin. I didn't know it, though. I thought I had the measles. A trip to the ER proved otherwise.

So if you break out in red spots all over, even on the palms of your hands and inside your mouth, you'd better quit taking an antibiotic if they give you one, because that's not a good scenario.

Hope you are on the mend quickly, and without much pain.