Friday, November 17, 2006

An Award Winner

The boys and I went to see Flushed Away after school today. They
had already seen it, but wanted to see it again. I can see why. It was
much better than Open Season, their last favorite movie. A kid in my
class asked me the other day, "Why do you always go see kids'
movies?" Duh. Because I have kids. He did not go for this. "My mom
never takes my little brothers." Precisely. Perhaps my children won't
turn out like you.

Our Basementia building won an award this week! An award from
the technology coordinator. It's not really a good thing. This was
Safe EMailing Week or some such thing. Last week, we had lessons
in security. It seems that Mr. TechCo sent out some bogus emails,
and our building opened more of them than any other building. Here
now! Stop making fun of us! I can tell you the reason. The people
in those other buildings still communicate by tin cans and string. Just
this week, one of them came to me with his school email address
painstakingly printed on a scrap of paper, and asked, "Is this my
school email address?" He consulted me because I am wise beyond
my years in this newfangled information superhighway. We have
only been using the school email for about umm...5 YEARS NOW!
In fact, we are chastised for not using it in Basementia. We take
attendance on it. We must update our Homework Hotline daily.
We are encouraged check the email every hour for updates. The
last administrator chastised us if we even went online during class
time. The times they are a-changin'.

Anyhoo...the point I was getting at was our 'award'. We won the
SPAM award! That means there was free SPAM for all at lunch.
WooHoo! Are we lucky, or what? I did not sample any SPAM of
any kind. Allegedly, many people opened a personal message to
teachers from Bill Gates. Hmpf! I deleted it right away, just like I
did the first time I got it last year. Another one was about a free
two-week vacation to some exotic locale. Also deleted. And I did
not bother to see how to enlarge my p*nis, either. That was not
one of Mr. TechCo's bogus ones, but those crafty spammers can
not fool Hillbilly Mom! I don't mean to brag, but Hillbilly Mom's
p*nis does not need enlarging.

Nothing much is going on this weekend at the Mansion. I have a
stack of taxes to pay. A house to clean. Some fries to eat while
the kids bowl on Saturday. The shopping to do at The Devil's
Playground. About 7 loads of laundry. I'm thinking I may run out
of weekend before I run out of chores.

I'm glad HH is on diorama duty.

No comments: