Saturday, November 18, 2006

10 Tunes From HM

There is absolutely nothing to report from the Mansion today. The
most exciting thing that happened was that HH finally replaced the
4 AA batteries in the automatic shower-cleaning thingy. WooHoo!
I'm a woman of leisure again.

Since nothing is happening, I've decided to reward you with some
of my favorite song lyrics. Bet you won't know many of them.
NO FAIR googling, either!

1. Don't miss the diamonds along the way. Every road has led us
here today. Life is what happens while you're making plans. All
that you need is right here in your hand.

2. I keep waiting for you to forgive me. You keep saying you
can't even start. And I feel like a stone you have picked up and
thrown to the hard, rock bottom of your heart.

3. Changing horses in the middle of the stream gets you wet and
sometimes cold. Changing faces in the middle of a dream gets you old.

4. Don't go lookin' for anything new. Find you a used one that will
do. Things get better after several years of age. Don'tcha never buy
a new one and pay on time, if you can get a used one for a dime.
A book's no good till someone's turned the page.

5. If you live in a glass house don't throw stones. Don't shatter my
image till you look at your own. Look at your reflection in your house
of glass. Don't open my closet if you own's full of trash.

6. If you could read my mind, you might blush blood red. But then
again you might come over here instead...Judgin' from the cover,
I'd love to read the book. Honey do you love as good as you look?

7. Skippin' rocks...skippin' rope...laughin' at all my best friend's
jokes. Things I loved when I was a kid. Muddy roads...muddy feet
...I didn't live on no blacktop street. Things have changed a lot, but
I never did.

8. From the corners of the country, from the cities and the farms,
with years and years of livin' tucked up underneath their arms. They
walk away from everything just to see a dream come true, so God
bless the boys who make the noise on 16th Avenue.

9. No rings on her fingers, no bells on her toes. With bugs on
her headlights and runs in her hose. Through the valley of the shadow
of Roosevelt's nose...adios South Dakota, adios Sally Rose!

10. All alone I came into this world. All alone I will someday die.
Solid stone is just sand and water, baby. Sand and water, and a
million years gone by. I will see you in the light of a thousand suns,
I will hear you in the sound of the waves. I will know you when I
come, as we all will come, through the doors beyond the grave.


****************************************************
OK, that last one is not quite as morbid as it looks with no tune to
accompany it. It's really quite soothing. Take my word for it.

Here come the answers. It's OK. Most of them are country tunes.
And OLD ones, too. You weren't expected to know them. It's not
a quiz.

1. Sheryl Crow--Diamond Road. I know. It's not country.
2. Randy Travis--Hard Rock Bottom of Your Heart
3. Dan Fogelberg--Changing Horses. Technically, folk--not country.
4. Ozark Mountain Daredevils--Horse Trader. C'mon. You knew
they would be included!
5. Dolly Parton--Shattered Image. Duh! How could Hillbilly Mom
write about her favorite lyrics and leave out The Divine Miss P?
6. Bellamy Brothers--Do You Love As Good As You Look.
7. Clay Walker--Live Until I Die
8. Lacey J. Dalton--16th Avenue
9. Emmylou Harris--Ballad of Sally Rose
10. Beth Nielson Chapman--Sand and Water

That now concludes HM's playlist listening for tonight.

2 comments:

Chickadee said...

Initially I thought the first song was John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy". I'm a big Sheryl Crow fan and I don't have that CD. (I know, how can I call myself a fan if I don't have all of her CDs) I'm going to have to get on the horn and pick that one up.

A lot of the songs I've never heard, but I like the "soundbites" you've provided. Nice.

www.danno.org/blogs

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
I don't have all of her CDs, but that Diamond Road song is from the C'mon C'mon CD.